Thursday 26 April 2012

Target Audience

The horror genre has always focused on an older audience due to what they can show and put into their films to put fear into the viewer. A large majority of horror film viewers are older teenagers this is where the slasher genre inside of horror comes from, where a group of teenagers get murdered one by one. personally I am not a fan of this type of horror, because I think it's cheesy, non imaginative and their are too many. These films try to capture the younger adult to late teenage audience but no the older viewers who look down on these genres. This is where I have realised that I want my film to apply to a younger audience while keeping the older and more avid horror film fan. I think I can acheive this by using a younger actor but using a pyshcological horror of The shining, but using the fresh looking british look of the camera work in 28 days later directed by Danny Boyle, I will expand on this in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment