Thursday 26 April 2012

Influences

The director that has influenced me mainly is Stanley Kubrick and how he sets atmosphere and mood, just through different camera shots and angles, the most famous being the corridors of the The Overlook hotel in the film The Shining, but I also want the fresh modern look Danny Boyle achieves across his movies, hopefully what I want to get from my film is something different and maybe new.








This is a shot from the corridors in the film The Shining the camera work is very still and very little movement in the camera work and it follows a very straight path, I feel that this scene and others similar in the film create suspense and fear for what is going to happen next, what creates even more dread for the viewer is the music which sets alongside brilliantly. Stanley Kubrick's camera work in this film makes this film much more memorable and adds to the storytelling which makes it in my opinion the perfect horror film. when I come to film my final piece I will replicate in parts the camera work which will create the suspense in my film.



This is the trailer for 28 Days Later, what I'm picking out is at 1 minute onwards at the hospital scene the film is very bright, fresh looking and modern, this is what I want to mix in with the camera work of my horror film. What I hopefully will finally achieve is a film that grabs the audience of the younger viewer with a modern look using the classic camera shots of the older more classic horror movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment